Everything you need to know about Shredded Paper (100g) – ZigglePack
We stock a range of shredded paper which is available to purchase in four weights: 100g, 500g, 1kg and 2kg. Our 100g and 200g bundles are a great for individuals looking to wrap hampers and gifts, or our 1kg and 2kg bails are great for businesses. The original sheets of paper are made in France to a high standard using a mix of FSC sourced materials. The size of our shred is 4mm, this cut offers a sumptuous filler for your gifts. The style of cut is a modern ‘zig-zag’ finish.
Colourful Shredded Paper
You can purchase our shredded paper in a number of colours:
- Black shredded paper 120gsm
- Green shredded paper 80gsm
- Natural shredded paper 100gsm and is made from 100% recycled materials
- Pink shredded paper 80gsm
- Red shredded paper 80sgm
- White shredded paper 100gsm
- Blue Powder shredded paper 80sgm
- Yellow Sunflower shredded paper 80sgm
- Lilac shredded paper 80sgm
IDEA; why not buy two or three colours and mix them together, this is an easy and cost effective way to tie your branding into your packaging, create jazzy displays and seasonal promotions.
What is shredded paper used for?
It is an excellent way to pad gifts and help protect your products during transit, however, there are some other popular uses too, here’s how you can make the most of yours:
- Protective packaging
- Gift box filler
- Hamper filler
- Gift Bag filler
- Cello wrap filler
- Cello bags filler
- Displays and crafts
- Mailing / dispatch box filler
- Photography sets / merchandising
- Window displays
- Table decorations
An Eco-friendly packaging option for filling boxes
Shredded paper is an excellent choice for eco-friendly businesses/individuals, it’s a great alternative to other filler packing such as polystyrene balls and void fill chips. The paper itself is reusable, 100% recyclable and degradable. Plus your shredded paper order will arrive packed in a recyclable cardboard box. What’s more our natural coloured shredded paper is made from 100% recycled materials.
How much shredded paper should I order to fill my gift boxes?
To help you better understand how much shredded paper you will need, we have to put together some basic information.
(We have based our shredded paper guide on our A4 gift boxes as these two items are often used together).
- We supply our shredded paper in 2kg bails.
- 1kg of shredded paper would fill around 15 to 20 A4 size gift boxes (used generously).
- 2kg bail of shredded paper can be used to fill 50 boxes (when used a little more sparingly).
Please note shredded paper quantities are used differently by each customer, therefore this information is a very rough guide to what may be possible with the bail sizes that we supply.
How many kg do I need?
We estimate that 1 Kg of Shredded paper Represents a volume of 20000 cm3.
If you aim to fill up our boxes with 50% Shredded paper you can spread out the volume of 1kg shred to 40000 cm3
Please find below a helpful guide on how to calculate how many kgs you need based on the above assumption.
- First you need to find out the volume of your box. To do this times the Length x width x height together. You can use this handy online calculator if you prefer.
- Divide the Volume of your Box by 40000 to know how many grams you need per Box.
- Multiply by the number of Box of your order to get the quantity in Kg.
- I have a box with those dimensions: 18 x 10 x 12 cm. My volume is 18 x 10 x 12 = 2160 cm3.
- How many grams i need per box = 2160 / 40000 = 0.054 Kg = 54 Grams / per Box
- I want to buy 1000 Box. 1000 x 0.054 = 54 Kg. I need to order 54 Kg of Shredded paper to fill up 1000 Boxes at 50%.
We know packaging is an exciting yet critical aspect of your business as it represents your brand and encases your product, so it is very important to get it right. Please order samples of our products to check all aspects are correct for you before placing a full order. To order a sample, please visit our 'Plain Sample Product' page, in the Help Centre, to order the item you would like. We charge a nominal fee of £4.94 (inc VAT) to cover shipping costs.